WILD & WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY: The Depth of the Lake and the Height of the Sky by Kim Jihyun

 


REVIEW

The beautiful art in this book took my breath away. Sometimes pictures really are worth a thousand words. A young boy leaves the city with his parents to visit his grandparents in the countryside. While there he wanders down a path through the woods.  He stops to admire the tall trees and listen to the sounds of the forest. At the end of the path he finds a lake. He takes a dive into the water and swims down to the bottom where he admires the plants and fish he finds.  Based on an experience the author had one summer.  While this may be Kim Jihyun's first picture book, I sincerely hope it isn't her last. The beautiful lines and the serene peace to be found in the illustrations makes this a true work of art.  In fact, it reminds me of some of my own past experiences in nature and the beauty and wildness that can be found in such places.  different perspectives readers are presented with are fascinating. Readers see the world from the boys eyes at some points, at other parts the boy and his environment are seen from above or below. I really can't do this book justice with words, all I can do is recommend you take a look at it yourself. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA MYTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY HOP

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop

My Favorite Reads Giveaway Hop