Countdown to a Meaningful Life”
Week 5: Belief
To celebrate the upcoming publication of THE WISDOM OF MERLIN: 7 Magical Words for a Meaningful Life by T.A. Barron, we are participating in a countdown campaign based on Merlin’s answer to the question “What is the meaning of life?” Surprisingly, the answer has only seven words…but they are the most powerful words of all.
Each week we will focus on one of these magical words with supporting content that will help your readers and followers acknowledge, reflect, practice and get inspired to embark on a new adventure or live life to its fullest. We continue this week with Belief.
Excerpt from THE WISDOM OF MERLIN:
“Belief is a powerful elixir. It offers strength, renewal, and peace to those who drink it. And your cup can be forever refilled.”
“What inspires belief? The answer is different for each person…Whatever else may lie beyond in the spirit realm, we create our own heaven and hell – by the choices we make in the lives we are given.”
Famous Quotes on Belief:
· "Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” Mahatma Gandhi
· "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
· "When you believe a thing, believe in it all the way.”Walt Disney
Inspiring Movies about Belief:
Belief can be more than a religious faith; it can be directed towards family, friends, a greater good for humanity, on any outside force that gives us hope. Many movies focus on this power of belief and can be an inspiration for all ages.
· It’s a Wonderful Life (1946) - George Bailey spends his entire life giving up his big dreams for the good of his town, Bedford Falls. Broken and suicidal over the misplacing of an $8000 loan, he eventually regains his belief in life and himself after being shown how his town, family, and friends would turn out if he had never been born.
· The Pursuit of Happyness (2006) – A bright and talented salesman struggling to make ends meet finds himself and his five-year-old son evicted from their San Francisco apartment with nowhere to go. When he lands an internship at a prestigious stock brokerage firm, he and his son endure many hardships in pursuit of his dream and belief of a better life for the two of them.
· Wall-E (2008) - In the distant future, a small waste collecting robot inadvertently discovers a new purpose in life when he meets a sleek search robot named EVE. WALL-E has inadvertently stumbled upon the key to giving hope back to the planet's future.
· Life of Pi (2012) - The survival story of a boy and a tiger on a life boat at open sea. In a struggle to survive, Pi and the tiger forge an unexpected connection that gives him daily motivation to live. Life of Pi is a tale of faith, hope, and the fight to survive.
Activate, Engage, or Practice:
· What are some things you believe in? Write a list or post in your journal about some of the things that keep you going in life.
· Find a quiet spot to sit and meditate on your beliefs and on the values that give you strength. Ten minutes of reflection each day can uplift your spirit and help keep you motivated to stick by your principles when hard times arise.
· Learning about other people’s beliefs can help expand your own. Talk to a friend about their beliefs and share your own as well.
For more inspiration visit or like: