A young boy learns to trust in God! My Little Prayer by David Archuleta



ABOUT THE BOOK

Based on the lyrics of David's popular and moving song, My Little Prayer tells the story of a young boy who discovers that what God wants for him is even better than what he wanted for himself. Learn to trust, learn faith, and most of all, learn to pray in this beautifully woven tale of art, music, and faith.

REVIEW

While I am not usually a fan of books based on the lyrics of songs, I love the message in this one so much that I've made an exception.  The text of David Archuleta's song, My Little Prayer, is the text of this book.  Having heard him sing it in person, I appreciate the beauty and hope offered by the words.  Ugolotti's illustrations add to the text by showing a child praying and working toward something he wants.  A soccer ball and notice about soccer tryouts shows readers what the child is seeking.  As the boy goes to school and observes the current members of the team, he struggles with his faith.  But he goes out and does his best to make the team.  And while he doesn't make the team, he discovers something else wonderful instead.  The profound message here revolves around trusting God especially when one doesn't get what one wanted, because God always knows best and will bless our efforts to do right.  A lovely little book perfect for those who want to help their children learn about prayer and faith in God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YA MYTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY HOP

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop

My Favorite Reads Giveaway Hop