Read to Me Picture Book Challenge/Book Talk Tuesday: Cats

Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes
written by Eric Litwin, illustrated by James Dean
HarperCollins Publishers, 2008
ISBN:978-0-06-190622-0
Grades K-2
Reviewed from personal copy.





 
Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes

written by Eric Litwin, illustrated by James Dean
HarperCollins Publishers, 2011
ISBN:978-0-06-191024-1
Grades K-2
Reviewed from personal copy.

BLURB:
Pete the Cat goes walking down the street wearing his brand-new white shoes. Along the way, his shoes change from white to red to blue to brown to WET as he steps in piles of strawberries, blueberries, and other big messes! But no matter what color his shoes are, Pete keeps movin' and groovin' and singing his song . . . because it's all good.
In the sequel, Pete the Cat is now one fleet-footed feline in his shiny school shoes.
I used these two books with my kindergarten and special needs classes a couple of weeks ago.  I downloaded the songs and played them while I showed the pictures to the students. They loved it.  The tunes are quite catchy and I found myself singing along, even some of the kids joined in on the chorus.  You can find the music here. Not only do these books teach about colors and finding places that one needs to go to, but it also shows that one does not need to panic when one faces new places and other such changes.  Highly recommended for those who enjoy a fun interactive read-a-loud.


Head on over to The Lemme Library for more great book talks.




 

Check out the Read to Me Picture Book Challenge at There's a Book.

Read to Me Picture Book Challenge (Watering): 7 completed out of 36

Comments

  1. Hello there, Heidi! Looks like Pete the Cat there has been getting quite a bit of love. Have you seen Kelly's video clip of her daughter reading "I love my White Shoes" at the Lemme Library? I had that ringing in my ear the whole day (in a very good way) hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the introduction to these books. I look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The songs are very catchy, I was singing them in my head all day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YA MYTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY HOP

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop

My Favorite Reads Giveaway Hop