“Countdown to a Meaningful Life”
Week 7: Hope
To celebrate the upcoming publication of THE WISDOM OF MERLIN: 7 Magical Words for a Meaningful Life by T.A. Barron, we are participating in a countdown campaign based on Merlin’s answer to the question “What is the meaning of life?” Surprisingly, the answer has only seven words…but they are the most powerful words of all.
Each week we will focus on one of these magical words with supporting content that will help your readers and followers acknowledge, reflect, practice and get inspired to embark on a new adventure or live life to its fullest. We continue this week withHope.
Excerpt from THE WISDOM OF MERLIN:
“Hope requires courage.”
“Blow on the embers of hope in yourself. Strengthen them into flames. For those are the fires where new worlds are born.”
“Whenever I feel touched by despair, I think about two good sources of hope. The first is young people… the second source is nature.”
Famous Quotes on Hope:
· “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” —Desmond Tutu
Hope in Different Languages:
· In Chinese, to hope is xi wang.
· In Dutch, the word for hope is hoop.
· In French, the word for hope is espérer.
· In German, the word hope is hoffnung.
· In Greek, the word hope is elpida.
· In Italian, the word for hope is sperare.
· In Japanese, the word for hope us kibō.
· In Spanish, the word for hope is esperanza.
· In Swahili, the word for hope is tumaini.
· In Turkey, the word for hope is umut.