Armchair BEA 2012: Introduction First

I'm excited to participate in Armchair BEA this year. I thought about it last year, but not only was I new to the blogging scene, but I had just finished school. This year I feel more up to participating.

Here is my 'self' interview. Enjoy!

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

 I am a currently single school librarian who loves to talk about books.  While I get to do this to a certain degree in my job, I've found writing things down not only helps me remember what I've read and what I thought about what I read.  I also use the blogs to share the books I've read with my local colleagues.  I've found this is easier than creating long lists and emailing them to everybody.  I've been blogging for 1 year and 4 months and am really enjoying it.

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?


I've read some great books this year, but I've still got stacks of books to read.  But the three books I've enjoyed the most this year are: Cinder by Marissa Mayers, Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen, and The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen.


If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

This is a tough question as I can think of many authors and/or characters that I would like to meet.  I'll keep it to one of each.

Author: I would love to have dinner with Shannon Hale. I've heard her speak and read and loved her books.   She is a fabulous presenter and I have no doubt a great dinner companion.


Character: Kendra from Brandon Mull's Fablehaven series.  I admire her bravery and loyalty, but I relate best to her quieter more introspective nature.

What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?

This is another tough question because there are many awesome locations among the lots of books that I have read.  I think though that I would have to say Fablehaven (my favorite series if you hadn't already figured it out :)).  I'd love to explore the environment and see some of the amazing creatures that live there.

Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How?

This is one of most surprising things to me about blogging.  My tastes have altered to some degree.  Middle Grade is still by far my favorite genre to read, but I have a growing interest in Young Adult literature that didn't really exist before I started blogging. I guess the wonderful bloggers whose posts I enjoy reading have rubbed off on me! Thanks to them all!

Thanks for visiting. I'd love to receive comments!

Comments

  1. That's one of the best things about blogging! Getting new tastes and discovering new writers! And it's always good to see other blogger's opinions on books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview answers! When trying to decide who to have dinner with, Shannon Hale was one of the authors that I strongly considered. Also, I've been trying to convince myself to read Fablehaven. Seeing it's your favorite, I've got to start on it!

    Seeing so many people participate in Armchair BEA, I've decided to join as well: http://pearlsofgreatworth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how blogging has opened up new genres to many of us book bloggers. It is hard to not have that happen when you hear people talking about a book that really sounds interesting!!

    What a great job you have--school librarian. When I was in school (eons ago), the librarian was my favorite person :)

    Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Cinder! It was such a fabulous read. I have The False Prince coming up in my TBR. I'm glad to hear that you loved it! =) Book blogging has also changed my tastes a lot! I used to only read YA, but now I'm beginning to read some MG as well [it's the opposite of what happened to you! ;)].

    It was lovely learning about you! Have fun during Armchair BEA! =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kids in my class have loved the Fablehaven series, too. I need to read these because I keep hearing such good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon Hale is so fun to listen to at conferences and signings! She's very inspiring, too. I always feel like I can be a writer after I listen to her.

    Fablehaven would be awesome to visit! I loved that series and you're the only one I've seen that mentioned that as a place to visit.

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is great! It's nice to meet another blogging librarian!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YA MYTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY HOP

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop

My Favorite Reads Giveaway Hop