48HBC Post 1

 Wow, almost six hours down and I've only finished one and a half books.  The Manatee Scientists I finished and will be reviewing soon (probably for Nonfiction Monday).  I'm halfway through Words in the Dust, which I am finding very compelling, but also heart tugging. I guess I get so attached to the characters when I read a good book, that I vicariously experience the ups and downs in the book.  I am amazed though at the way the author manages to portray a young Afghani girl, when not only is he not a girl, but he is not Afghani either.  I'm going to finish this one before I go to bed.  I think I'll try something a little lighter for my next read. Thanks to all those who've taken the time to visit my blog!  Good luck to us all.

Hours read: 5 hours 55 minutes
Blogging/networking: 30 minutes

Comments

  1. I have got Words in the Dust somewhere on my shelves and I am going to have to pick it up soon. Hope you enjoyed it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words in the Dust has been on my radar for a while and your comments have made it even more compelling. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

YA MYTHOLOGY GIVEAWAY HOP

Happily Ever After Giveaway Hop

My Favorite Reads Giveaway Hop