Friday, June 3, 2011

48HBC Post 1

 Wow, almost six hours down and I've only finished one and a half books.  The Manatee Scientists I finished and will be reviewing soon (probably for Nonfiction Monday).  I'm halfway through Words in the Dust, which I am finding very compelling, but also heart tugging. I guess I get so attached to the characters when I read a good book, that I vicariously experience the ups and downs in the book.  I am amazed though at the way the author manages to portray a young Afghani girl, when not only is he not a girl, but he is not Afghani either.  I'm going to finish this one before I go to bed.  I think I'll try something a little lighter for my next read. Thanks to all those who've taken the time to visit my blog!  Good luck to us all.

Hours read: 5 hours 55 minutes
Blogging/networking: 30 minutes

2 comments:

  1. I have got Words in the Dust somewhere on my shelves and I am going to have to pick it up soon. Hope you enjoyed it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words in the Dust has been on my radar for a while and your comments have made it even more compelling. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Story Time kit by Kristin Aagard