Monday, June 6, 2011

48-HBC: Finish Line!


I know I'm a little late in posting this, but since I didn't expect to win anything, its okay.  Here is what I accomplished:

  • 16 hours of reading time
  • $26 given to charity
  • The following books completed: The Manatee Scientists, Words in the Dust, Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow, Penderwicks on Gardam Street (I know this one wasn't on my list, but I really wanted to finish it)
  • 1/2 hour of blogging/social networking etc.
I was surprised that I didn't get more books read considering the number of books I used to fly through when I was younger.  I think there are a couple of reasons for this.  First, I read more thought-provoking books now than when I was younger, and second, I think and question more as a I read than I did as a child.  Anyway, now I have a starting point for next year.  It has been fun to get some books read over the weekend, I d did finish an additional book after my time expired, so I finished 5 books over the weekend which is kind of neat since I have so many books I want to read.  I will be reviewing the books that I read over the coming week.  I do want to thank all those who stopped by my blog during the Challenge, I sure appreciate it. 

1 comment:

  1. My reading has slowed down a bit in the last few years as I realized that I wanted to get more out of the books. I didn't worry about how many books, but just spending the time reading and enjoying it. Thanks for playing along too!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Story Time kit by Kristin Aagard